Preparing… the best way for our Home Energy Advisor to help you reduce your home’s fuel and electrical consumption is to have your past 12 months of fuel and electric usage. (NV Energy can assist you with this information.) Each home is different and the behavior, comfort, and health needs of each of your family members’ greatly affect our EnergyTight Home Analysis, so please set aside a few minutes to spend with our Energy Advisor to these concerns.
He’ll ask you a few questions from our Confidential Questionnaire, such as:
- What are your goals for your homes energy efficiency, comfort, and health?
- What is it currently costing you to heat and cool your home annually?
- Is anyone home during working hours?
- What is the average thermostat setting for summer and winter?
- How many people occupy your home?
- Is every room of your home in use?
- Which rooms are hotter in the summer and colder in the winter?
- Do you feel the air in your home is dusty?
Your answers are important in helping us provide you with solutions to improve your comfort and reduce your energy costs. We recommend homeowners joining us while we perform your analysis and welcome any additional questions you might think of regarding your home or our Home EnergyTight Analysis.
For 25% in energy savings, we’ll spend up to three hours providing you with an EnergyTight Home analysis of the following components within your home:
1. With our Combustion Analyzer, all gas appliances will be checked for carbon monoxide and combustion safety, along with the gas line for leakage. This ensures that you, your family and our staff members are safe while in your home.
2. Your furnace and air conditioning will be calculated for true running efficiency, (it is not uncommon for furnaces and air conditioners to deliver less than 50% of their manufacturer’s design capacity because of installation flaws.)
3. Common industry-standard manual J or equivalent will be used to properly size your heating and cooling equipment to meet room-by-room heating and cooling demands.
4. Your ductwork will be analyzed using a DuctBlaster® for air leakage, airflow delivery capacity and possible poor installation practices.
5. Ductwork located in unconditioned spaces such as attics, crawl spaces, garages, or unfinished basements will be tested for its insulation value and heat loss or gains.
Our 50% energy savings guarantee includes, in addition to all components in Level One, up to six hours of our Level Two testing procedures, providing a complete Energy Tight Home analysis that all the energy components within your home are all working together in harmony:
With our Blower Door and our Infrared Thermal Imaging camera we can pinpoint areas in your attic, exterior walls and the crawl space of your home where warm air is escaping in the winter months and hot air is entering your home in summer months.
We will view your hot water piping for its insulation which will saves you energy and helps conserve water, since you won’t have to run the shower or faucets as long to get the water hot.